Saturday, June 28, 2014

Tumblr: Feb. ~ June 2014

I always take myself too harshly on how my Tumblr develops over the last 4 months but here it is.


As of Feb. 2014:
  • All the contents from one of my former side blog (now deleted) moved to this blog
  • Since I set this up during vacation, I can only use an image my laptop stores as header
  • I didn't set up any pages yet
  • No queue yet
  • I was usually afraid to reblog because if I do so, I'll end up with an irregular blogging pattern
  • I didn't find many Harry Potter blogs yet




April ~ early June 2014:
  • I now have a profile picture in which I'm still using. It's the same as the header.
  • I've added an About section on the homepage and also on a separate page kin more detail 
  • I also list my Historical Favorites on one page
  • I start piling up reblogs and posts on a queue. At first, it is a messy mix between HP and History but became more clean by May. In the end, this worked out because my blog is the most active during my sleeping hours.
  • Towards end of May, I started adding Update Tabs (for experiment) in which I schedule that my theme will be changed in a month for good because I don't really like the theme anymore even though it is compatible with all browsers.
  • I started interacting with my followers. Thanks to a Potterhead :)
  • Between May ~ June, my follower count doubled. 
  • I also found many Potterheads and book blogs :)




Now:
  • Uses Custom Domain: ohmypotterheads.co.vu
  • Since my old header did not work out, a banner with many more historical figures is used instead but still has the original 4 wizards!
  • Many pages added including taglists thus navigation page is up. 
If you visit all these pages, you should figure out that I'm obsessing over Hermione & Old Fritz 
  • Firework cursor
  • Less cluttered update tabs
  • Best viewed with Google Chrome or wide screen (desktop computers)
  • Still tweaking a couple of pages but it's 80% done
All this hard work committed on makeover to demonstrate this is a Quality Fandom blog :)


I do believe there's always room for improvement and my Tumblr is no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment